Wednesday, January 26, 2011

So this is Cancer...

First thing we need to do is get you caught up. The last 12 months have been crazy! A great year for career, body (I finally hit my goal weight), relationship (Ken and I hit the 11 year mark), we moved into a house we really love! Not a bad year at all, we even set up a Christmas tree this year. Then, just 27 hours prior to the calandar changing over to 2012, I was informed that I had cancer of the tongue.

Were you a big ol' smoker? No, Drinker? No. So how did this happen? Who knows? There are those that believe that our negative toughts creat our physical reality.  Could be it. I sure as heck can be judgemental! Some say be careful what you ask for you may get it. Ok, I didn't ask the universe for cancer. I did however put it out that it sure would be great to have an extended period of not having to work. (universe, in case your still listening: This is not what I was talking about!)

One of the worst parts of having cancer is letting people know. The sad, troubled looks. The "I'm really not sure what to say's", the "I'm so sorry's". The worst is "Why you?" (to that I say "why not me? I'm tough enough to handle this. In fact thank god it was me and not several of the people that I'm close to that I suspect may not be able to handle this kind of suprise".)

What ever the case there is one thing for sure! It has never once crossed my mind that I would die from this. How do I know? I don't know, but I know. So those of you that may want to follow the survival process, this blog is for you. Welcome!

2 comments:

  1. I love you Ran! I am so proud of the way you are bravely facing this situation, yet, I am not surprised at all! For many years now, you have been an amazing friend and a continuous source of inspiration for me. This journey will continue... Thank you for always being the friend who brings me joy, fresh perspective, laughter, and smiles. I can't wait to see you when I get home!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you're a writer too! I'm looking forward to following these posts. Also, love the wallpaper. As for being judgmental, didn't somebody once say, "please don't judge me for judging others."

    ReplyDelete