Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Push

Answers are in front of us all of the time. All to often the answers are already in our head, just looking for a way into our conscience. Post treatment this has really been the case. I have decided that I like the weight that I am at, but have started to put on weight as I have started to eat more of a solid diet. I frequently feel tired and need naps to keep going. Of course the answers are obvious. I am a Weight Watchers success story. I know how to loose weight. Eat less, move more. An easy equation, and yet I've been feeling really stuck, that is until last night when one of the gentlemen in my support group started to speak about exercising.

He is only one week out of Chemo and said that he feels better than he has in a year. He attributed it to the exercise that he did while undergoing treatments. Paddling in the bay, basketball, running etc. Talk about an aha moment! No wonder I'm tired, when was the last time I've walked more than a mile? When is the last time that I pulled my Wii Fit out? My weights are gathering cobwebs in the garage, along with the "perfect push up's and god only knows what. I also have furniture projects that require a great deal of sanding (let me tell you if you have never tried this it is most definitely a workout!)

All of this brings me back to the beginning of my journey. The first thing I did was to let myself and everyone else know that I was going survive this. The second was pray. It takes body, mind and spirit working together to recover. It is time for me to get my body involved in this process and start pushing it a bit. I think I've had plenty of sleep and yes if I get tired I can take a nap. But for now, I'm pretty sure the dogs would love a long walk!

No comments:

Post a Comment