Friday, April 29, 2011

The blessing of sleep!

It is a known fact that Radiation is accumlative, so when you finish your radiation treatments there could be more suprisise in store. For me that has been somewhat true. My tongue is more swollen and I seem to have additional mouth sores. The nurse at the radiation center really helped start getting my neck cleaned up so the pain from the burn isn't as bad as it was. She also bandaged it allowing me to sleep on my side. That was a huge blessing because to heal you have to sleep! So after the treatments my job right now is to sleep as much as I can, eat as much as I can, and drink as much water and juice as I can.

I am defiantly winning the sleep category. If you have ever not been able to sleep for even a short while you can imagine that after not really getting a good nights sleep for a month that I was ready. It almost seemed as if my body knew when my therapy was over and said OK, now off to bed with you! I slept over 13 hours got up went to a doctors appointment and came back home and went to bed for another four hours! I have repeated pretty much the same today without the doctor.

My dear friend, Coral had sent a note on facebook saying that I needed to sleep and I keep wondering if she also said a strong prayer to back it up for me. All I know is as soon as I am done typing here I am going to go back to sleep! More later when I finally feel rested.

No comments:

Post a Comment