Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekends

For years I have been in an industry were I worked on the weekends, so the whole excitement of Fridays has eluded me a bit (with the exception of checking my Sister-In-Laws, Gabby's, fun Friday Faceook sticky notes, which I oddly look forward to). Now that I am a stay at home kind of guy life is  more of a blur. I couldn't tell you what day of the week it is half of the time. I live with my nose in my I-Phone and have to be diligent at using my calender otherwise, nothing would ever get done. (Well, in reality it would because Ken keeps the backup and manages to be a pretty good handler). But normally life just floats by. It is rather nice actually. I wonder if this is how it used to be before we got crazy about working and acquiring more unnecessary objects. There is a certain Zen to it.

Until this weekend! I am well aware of the fact that today is Sunday the 27th of February! Today is The Oscars! In our house it is a big day! We love film, fashion and food. The 3 corner stones that make The Oscars...well....The Oscars. This year I didn't see half of the films. Come to think of it that isn't anything new. I'm still bringing out the gloves and going to scream at the TV! Roll my eyes when certain douche bag actors exceed the top of the needless pontification scale, and laugh at the fact that everyone there thinks that this is important. In the grand scale of things it isn't. It is just another day where Hollywood has decided to pat itself on the back and I love it! This is the original reality TV if you think about it. You get stars that are top of the mind as they have had films released the previous year. You get Fashion (good and bad, we tend to root for the bad), And you get food! (that you have had to prepare yourself because you weren't invited to the Governors Ball or the new hot ticket Oprah's Ball) It makes for an evening of fun. The Oscars are to the whole of LA, Women and Gay men everywhere what the Superbowl is to the rest of the country. (Hopefully for some of you who have no desire to watch that will put it in perspective)

This year is a bit different. I'm still watching, still rolling my eyes, still laughing, but this year my food will be of a liquid nature! In a time of so many changes, it is nice to only have one minor change on one of my favorite nights of the year! Tomorrow it will be back to research, doctors appointments and prepping for radiation and chemotherapy, but that is then and this is now! Tonight we live with the stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment